Tips for driving a van for the first time
At Olecar we are aware of the experience of driving a cargo van for the first time due to its size and weight. In any case, it is becoming easier to handle these types of vehicles due to the improvements they present.
The first thing that we have to take into account is that all the vans that you can reserve with Olecar, can be driven with the car driving license, limited to driving industrial vehicles with a maximum authorized weight of up to 3,500 kilos.
Things to consider the first time you drive a van:
- They are vehicles of greater size and volume, aspect to take into account in maneuvers, when focusing on the lane or the passage depending on the height.
- Greater safety distance is required for braking.
- Less visibility due to the lack of rear windows and, therefore, an interior rear-view mirror. So it is essential to be very attentive to the exterior mirrors.
- Speed limitation on urban roads of 50km/h, on conventional roads of 80km/h and, on motorways of 90km/h.
- Maintain a greater safety distance, due to its greater volume and weight, the vehicle's braking reaction is less.
- Do not exceed the maximum authorized weight.
- Make a good distribution and support of the load so as not to affect the driving of the van.
With these tips, driving any Olecar van will be easier and safer for you.